Entry to Mid-Level Coastal Engineer
Coastal Science & Engineering (CSE) announces an immediate opening for an entry to mid-level Coastal Engineer to support the development and completion of coastal beach restoration projects along the east coast of the United States.
Applicants with a bachelor or masters degree in coastal, ocean, or marine engineering or related field may qualify for this entry to mid-level position. Candidates with the most preferred qualifications will offer experience in one or more of the following: hydrographic surveys, field data collection, beach nourishment design, marine structure design, coastal processes and numerical modeling, and construction management. In addition, they will exhibit abilities or potential in business development, marketing, and client interaction.
This position is permanent, full-time, based in Columbia SC, with ongoing project opportunities in GA, SC, NC, NY, and abroad.
Particularly Desired Skills and Experience:
- Interest/experience in numerical modeling of hydrodynamic, sediment transport, and morphological processes using software, such as GENESIS, SBEACH, XBeach, CMS, Delft3D, MIKE, ADCIRC, SWAN
- Interest/experience in marine structure design such as jetties or groins
- Interest/experience in hydrographic field data collection and data management
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills in English
- Registration as an Engineer Intern (EI) or Engineer in Training (EIT), and licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) within 5 years
Motivated engineers with career goals of specializing in beach restoration and coastal engineering are encouraged to apply. As a leader in beach restoration and coastal engineering services for 35 years, CSE offers the ideal candidate a dynamic workplace, opportunities for career development, and salary growth.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience. CSE offers an excellent employee benefits package, including paid time off, employee-matched IRAs, and profit sharing. CSE is an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY, please mail or email the following to Carrie Marks, Publications Manager, at
Coastal Science & Engineering, Inc. (CSE), 160 Gills Creek Parkway, Columbia SC 29209 or CMarks@coastalscience.com:
- Letter of interest
- List of References and Contact Information
- Samples of technical writing, numerical modeling, engineering design, or publications in which applicant was directly involved (Optional)